Tuesday 27 March 2012

Shopping List (Timber?)

Here's a different kind of shopping list.  I'm attracted to this list for a couple of reasons.

1) six feet and five inches is actually 11/64ths of an inch out!
2) Timber?  I mean "timber" - what the hell does that mean?

Ok so these reasons may not be universally appealing but it resonates with me because I am a feckless DIYer and it's the kind of moronic list I would write for myself knowing that I am about to be laughed off the forecourt of Walker Timber in Birkby!  Shades of spotty oiks in computer shops offering 1Mb hard disks whilst snearing down their spotty noses at tech-unsavvy shoppers!

(written on scrap of plain paper)

2 comments:

501 said...

fantastic to see this back. tbh im the same in timber shops. its ethic for the 'friendly helper' to throw random 'two be four' comments at you just so they can see you squirm.

ArcticFox said...

i always like to ask if the wood's been "tanalised" - I don't have a clue what it means but it sounds great.