Monday 2 April 2012

Shopping List (onions)

A real rarity, this one.  Rare and never to be repeated, it's a shopping list of my own that I found lying about.
Now, I'm not trying to outdo anyone with my zany list but you've got to admit it's a pretty wacky collection of items.

Onions (specifically three of them) means I had a specific recipe in mind when I made this out.  

The small cauliflower suggests I was making my vegetable curry.  

The fact that toothpaste, crickets and earrings all appear together on the list suggest I was going to park at the pet shop on the ring road and get the food for my praying mantises... then hop across to the indoor market and check out the earrings on offer (I'm always up for some "hinged" sleepers) - probably scoring the toothpaste at Home Bargains or Wilkos on the return and get free parking at the pet shop into the bargain!

(written on a scrap of paper)

2 comments:

501 said...

theres nothing to be ashamed of when specifically stating a number of such items. I do this all the time. It gives you a sense of control to your shopping. Over budgeting on onions isnt required, thats why you do it.

ArcticFox said...

you're quite right Mr. 501 - I'd rather eat the food I buy than let it fester on a vegetable rack until it putrefies and drips through onto my fridge!